Beer Beer Beer!
Asheville is known for its beer and you can find any type you like. Whether you’re into IPAs, lagers, browns, reds, porters, stouts, or sours, you can find it in Asheville! Have some fun and definitely check out a few breweries while you’re here.
- Hi-Wire Brewery – On our first visit to Asheville, this is was the first place we stopped. It was a small brewery that had giant Jenga, Mario Kart, and popcorn in the machine. It was simple and the beer was SO good. (map)
- Catawba – This brewery is located in the South Slope – Asheville’s brewery-filled area just south of downtown. It has a great selection of beers and a beautiful outdoor patio and grassy area. They usually have a food truck and are conveniently located next to Vortex Donuts. (map)
- Green Man – One of the original breweries in the South Slope now with a huge expansion building. Be sure to check out the original tasting room with the entrance up the hill a bit on Buxton Ave. Try their Porter! (map)
- Burial – Another brewery in the South Slope with great small batch beer. A little more creative and adventurous style beers. Great outdoor area as well! (map)
- New Belgium – NBB opened their East Coast Distribution less than 2 miles from our house. Enjoy a pint of Fat Tire while watching people paddle down the river. (map)
These are our top 5 but there are 30+ breweries in the Asheville area. Sierra Nevada, Highland, UpCountry, and The Wedge are a few others we love.
Asheville is a very dog friendly city – you will likely see some pups at these dog-friendly breweries above!
There are so many great restaurants in Asheville so there will not be a shortage of choices. Here are some of our favorites:
- The Admiral – This is one of our favorite restaurants in Asheville. It’s nestled in West Asheville in a funky building and never disappoints! (map)
- Curate – This tapas restaurant makes you feel like you’ve teleported to Barcelona. If you are thinking about going there, make a reservation now! (map)
- Cucina 24 – Italian cuisine with a very fun atmosphere. Stop in for a glass of Chianti and some apps. (map)
- Buxton Hall BBQ – Right next to Catawba this is a great spot for lunch or dinner! Whole hog wood-smoked deliciousness. (map)
- Chai Pani – This is a great place with an Indian street food inspired menu. (map)
- Donuts – There are two places for donuts – Vortex and Hole. Two totally different styles of donuts but absolutely worth it!
- Sunny Point Cafe – Located on the westside with great food, but be prepared to wait for breakfast unless you arrive early. (map)