Our Favorite Trails
- Bent Creek – The closest area for great trails to run, hike, or bike. Trail Map
- Mountains To Sea Trail – This trailstarts near the Tennessee border and runs all the way to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. You can hop onand off anywhere near the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville – look for the white dots. Trail Map
- Mount Pisgah – A good climb up to a fire tower with great views – 3 miles roundtrip. Trail Map
- Sam’s Knob – The picture on our homepage is from this hike. It’s one of our favs! You can make it a ~5 mi loop by adding on the Flat Laurel Creek trail. Trail Map
- Greybeard – For the hardcore folks this is a strenuous 9 mi loop or a tough out and back. Gorgeous views, streams, and usually not busy. Trail Map
- John’s Rock – Hike up to a huge rock slab and enjoy views of Looking Glass Rock and the Blue Ridge Parkway – a 5 mi loop. When you’re done – stop at the hub for a beer! Trail Map
Other Outdoor Adventures
- Zip Lining:
- Within the city limits there is Asheville Treetop Adventure Park. You can zip line tower to tower and get a pretty solid view of the city in certain spots. There is also an adventure park for the little ones!
- About 15 minutes from downtown there is Navitat Zipline Center. This is a tree to tree zipline and is gorgeous up in the mountains.
- Asheville Outdoor Center offers boat rentals for paddling the French Broad River. They offer shuttle services and you can paddle brewery to brewery in town.
- Mountain Biking:
- Blue Ridge Parkway:
- Take a drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway towards Mount Pisgah or the Pisgah Inn and pack a picnic for one of the many pull-off spots with great views.